MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

Hi DocwoodI am not 'pumping these guys' but just posting a...

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi Docwood

I am not 'pumping these guys' but just posting a reference to their latest ASX release which mentions MEO.

Rather, I am watching them like a hawk.

This thread, as others before, has warned of the previous dealings of BEL but, like it or not, they are our major shareholderfor now.

I am keeping an eye on all the major SHs as MEO, in its present position, could be tantalising to any unscrupulous corporate attack. When BEL took an interest in MEO it was the same time as MEO, although still confidential, announced the farmin agreement for NT/P68. This was why I gave BEL the benefit of the doubt at the time.

Since then BEL have held steady with their 27m (5%) holding. During the same time the holdings of other major SHs - Credit Suisse, HSBC, National etc. have fluctuated, creating the normal volatility of a spec like MEO.

If I see anything untoward from BEL I will be the first to mention it. I did the same with IDG (formerly Western Metals) back in 2009 where a similar situation occured:

* See my post here *.

Since this post IDG has been turned into a cash box and is soon to be delisted. I feel for those LT holders who had faith in the new management team but have been taken for a merry ride.

It is not my intention to cross promote stocks here but just to highlight the way I research and that it is not my intention to pump any other investors, both large or small. It is better to know, and keep an eye on, our fellow investors.

Were Leheman Bros, Xtract etc any better major SHs when their demise affected other LT holders so much - especially retail. SHs come and go it is up to the individual to use all the information available to them to invest in a company. All I did with the post above was to draw attention to the BEL release which gives an indication that BEL are still looking at MEO as, in their words, a passive strategic investment.

Other parts of the release and further research into BEL, and their management, will help SHs decide whether or not they feel they fell threatened by having BEL as a major SH.

In 2009 a resolution was passed that SHs would now vote in potential proportional T/O bids and that the bidder's votes are not counted. with IDG this is how BIV got a foot in the door. MEO are now somewhat protected from this.

I will still keep an eye on the company and all the major SHs and post any information I think is relevant. It is a pity this is the case but that is the nature of the being involved with public companies, like it or not.

What I really don't want to have to do with my time, docwood, is to continually justify my posts.

#:>))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.