ICN 0.00% 0.6¢ icon energy limited

Can't say I can agree that shale in Aust will outpace csg. Sure...

1. 36,858 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Can't say I can agree that shale in Aust will outpace csg. Sure csg has it's issues ( landholders/water ) however there's nothing there that can't be managed once all the hot air is gone.

As good as the Cooper's shale appears to be , there's still quite a way to go before it's loaded on to a ship.

What I am very confident of , however , is the world's conversion to gas. Regardless of whether you go for climate change or not , there is too much evidence that it's game on for gas.

BHP , Exxon etc aren't buying up shale gas resources for no reason. These companies have a multi decade view and , it could be argued , tend to create the market for themselves.

Further to this , the political change that is coming from the energy supply redistribution is significant. It's possible the US can become somewhat self sufficient , Europe's gas supply may now come from places like Poland and then there's little old Australia. We can possibly end up in the top three gas exporters. Here's the world's chance to partially disconnect itself from the troubles in the Middle East and Africa.

That's a big prize in anyone's language.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ICN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.