VMS 0.00% 1.9¢ venture minerals limited

new west coast mine in pipeline

1. 1,459 Posts.
    http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/1381710/new-west-coast-mine-in-pipeline/?cs=87

A NEW West Coast mine may be operating within about three months.

Venture Minerals Limited does not yet have federal approval for mining its Riley iron ore deposit in the Tarkine, near Tullah.

"We've done all our homework - federal and state - and we're hoping to start Riley mid-year," a company spokesman said yesterday. He said the company was still working with the state Environment Protection Authority and its final documentation was yet to reach the federal Environment Department for an approval decision.

Environment Minister Tony Burke's recent national heritage listing decision on the Tarkine is not expected to pose any problems for Venture on its Riley project, or its less advanced flagship Mount Lindsay tin-tungsten and Livingstone iron ore projects.

A Riley decision around June- July would come in the lead-up to the federal election.

Braddon Labor MHR Sid Sidebottom has been a strong supporter of Mr Burke's wider Tarkine decision and the mining industry generally, despite firm opposition to new Tarkine mining from the Greens.

Braddon Liberal candidate Brett Whiteley said: "We need to send a clear message to the rest of the country and to the world that Tasmania is open for business.

"Minister Burke created this uncertainty by walking both sides of the political street for too long, only giving a qualified green light when it became clear Labor representatives in Braddon would pay for his folly with their jobs.

"The mining industry still harbours deep concerns about reserves that could be created under his sham forests deal.

"Watch as Labor tries to whitewash its shameful performance on the Tarkine with the timing of this announcement."

Venture - particularly if Mount Lindsay goes ahead - has potential to revitalise Tullah, where it will base its operations.

"They have been interested in buying land at Tullah and have acquired some blocks and have been talking about building," West Coast Mayor Darryl Gerrity said.

He said the council had asked Venture to not just build single men's quarters, but married quarters too, in an effort to get families into the area.

(Apologies for my incorrect statement regarding EPA - tpchris)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $43.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $289.3K 15.14M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 1734415 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 718644 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.