I protest! Most are missing the obvious choice! I'm a bloke but...

1. 25,587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1205
    I protest! Most are missing the obvious choice! I'm a bloke but I can see one of the reasons why the ALP picked Julia as co-PM. Well, I hope KRUDD has a long life because I don't want to see an ex Slater& Gordon Solicitor run this great Nation.
    In my humble opinion, for what it's worth, The obvious choice for the Liberal leadership is their Deputy Leader- Julie Bishop!. If she is not worthy of the job why is she deputy leader in the first place?
    I have listened to some of her interviews over the years and even I am impressed by her depth of knowledge and grasp of the problems that confront Australia.
    Most people won't remember one her roles as the Federal Minister for Education, but she was passionate about kids having an ideologically-free education system, where PARENTS had the final say, not the Teacher's Union.
    For those of you who don't know about the role that the T.U. have had in the curriculum for the last 40 years or so, I suggest you read former Premier of Vic, John Cain's book to understand how they shafted him and installed one of their own (Kirner) and virtually broke this State
    Anyway, I digress, I believe that Julie Bishop is the one and only the Liberals have for winning the next election.
    I can't visualize anyone else in the party winning against the popularist leader that the ALP has at the present. The media is on his side, they never criticise him or question him deeply about anything, unlike they did with J. Howard and instead they are fixated with focussing on the internal brawl within the Liberal Party. Now I would have thought that the primary role of the media was/is to monitor the Government?
    Anyway, if Julie was the leader, the leftie press could not attack her as they do Brendan, because it would attract the wrath of the women voters-perfect neutralizer!
    Anyway, just my thoughts,I don't seriously expect the Liberals to take radical steps to resolve their problems so I expect Mr KRUDD to be in office until at least 2013-good luck to all holders. (disclosure:- I used to vote Labour, going back to Gough days)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.