LYC 3.43% $6.34 lynas rare earths limited

Today is the new years day for investors. Today was accompanied...

1. 18,219 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1009
    Today is the new years day for investors. Today was accompanied by new interest in LYC stock. The volume traded at both the end of the old year and beginning of the new one was above average and todays trades saw a reasonable increase in price.

It points to renewed interest which could mean there is news in the offing or it may just mean investors repositioning themselves at the end of the financial year.

There is another odd incidence today. It may mean nothing but it has me wondering. Anyone familiar with my posts re LYC would know that I am opposed to the chinese having a majority shareholding at a low low price. I have repeatedly put this point of view to the treasurer and the PM by e mail. I send them copies of every news item relevant to rare earths and the LYC situation. These have not been acknowledged in the past. One I sent Monday attaching a recent news article has been acknowledged today and saying that my views are listened to and will be given consideration.Maybe they are saying enough is enough, maybe they are actually looking at LYC now.

Regardless of the contents of the final decision any decision one way or another should breathe new life into LYC. Approving the deal will create certainty for LYC which will positively affect the SP even if it creates uncertainty in the worlds supply of rare earths. A decision for a minority holding will probably be accepted by the chinese as the best they will get and that will boost the SP. A refusal will still leave the company in a reasonable position and an SPP could be forthcoming with benefits to existing holders. Other possibilities are a take over or a joint venture offer appearing.

I sense something in the wind today.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.34
Change
0.210(3.43%)
Mkt cap ! $5.926B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.23 $6.37 $6.20 $16.32M 2.584M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 10131 $6.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.34 65301 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.