RFX 0.00% 11.0¢ redflow limited

Yes it's a good article on a number of fronts, thanks to the OP...

1. 920 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Yes it's a good article on a number of fronts, thanks to the OP for sharing.

We are all here and interested in batteries because we believe they make sense as a practical replacement to power stations. But I feel the article makes a great point that I don't often see in renewable energy media websites that are the main source of information for many people researching this. I find there is too much happy clapping in support of anything green from these outlets, and from a business or industry sense, far too little critical thinking.

The below par immediately jumped out at me and I really feel like this is the whole crux of where the industry is at present.

"The stakes are high for both energy storage companies. If their projects struggle or fail, it could jeopardize not only the stability of Southern California’s grid but also interest in the technology over all."

I guess if you are in Redflow's corner, you would hope that any lithium failures at large scale projects like these would lead companies to turn to flow batteries. But IMO there is still a decent risk that a failure with Lithium based tech puts the whole idea of grid scale storage on ice for a number of years if one of the majors struggle to make these early projects work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $30.39M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 11.0¢ $18.04K 158.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 16292 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 72458 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.14pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.