Newbie seeking tips to win a competition and life, page-5

1. 665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 68
    Hi Eamma
    I am not sure about your expectation, but if I were to enter the market as a young investor now, instead of trying on hyped spec with unrealistic expectation, i would rather invest lots of time on research and understanding the market. For that matter investment fund with exposure to micro caps may not be a bad starting point. I find that it not only provides you exposure to number of well researched micro-cap but if you follow them more closely they also provide you a list of their holding which may be a good educational tool in itself. For example WMI - an micro cap investment fund managed by Wilson Assets management. There are many other similar micro-cap funds available in ASX. I believe this may not be a right tool for big gain but i found that it may be a tool to limit the loss (in case market turn sour!) while also getting exposure to micro-cap and self education. Alternatively if you like to invest on individual stocks then STT forum/library might provide lots of good idea.

Please note that this not an advise (I am still learning and yet to be green!) but this just an opinion based on my experience so far. Please do your own research and wish you all the best.
    Last edited by Eklavya: 01/01/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.