Hello humms, Agree with what you say regarding getting the new...

1. 1,109 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hello humms,

Agree with what you say regarding getting the new hands to do a bit of work themselves.Over the years there must have been a million posts exactly the same as spilons' only to never be heard from again.I am sure 95% of these posts originate from students who have to write a paper on the stock market.

As far as charting verses fundamentals goes, I really don't think anyone can put up a decent argument as to wether one approach is better than the other.

I think it boils down to different factors that support the punters view on just where a particular stock will go.Charting is certainly better for me for buying and selling on a shorter time frame.

I would not have a clue how to work out fair value or whatever the fa guys work out, nor would I buy into a company because it researched as grossly undervalued and wait for possibly years to realise its fair value...Not saying thats the wrong way to go about it, just for me personally it is.

I remember back a few years to when a large US company went belly up (possibly exon but I am not sure).One look at a chart told anyone that it had been on a steep slippery dip for the previous 2 years but the brokers etc. were still issueing "strong buy" recomendations just weeks before it folded.Not hard to work out which group of people were buying and which group were selling.

Anyway, we digress a bit I think.The point I was trying to make earlier was that if anyone is serios about learning the game, then they have to learn it properly which is near on impossible on this site.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.