newbie, page-9

1. 2 Posts.
    Thanks for all the replies guys, really appreciate it.

Well I agree when you say you have to go out and learn yourself - that's what I'm basically doing. I consider myself to have decent initiative and after being interested in the stock market for a while I figured, if I want to learn, I better go out and teach myself.

Thanks for confirming books being one of the best ways to learn. That's what I've been basically doing and will increase doing.

And now I have the confirmation to try to stay away from pricey courses (I was already pretty skeptical - if they were so good at what they did why would they need to run courses for money? Better still, why would they want to share such secrets?).

I also agree with the sentiment of fundamental analysis vs charting/technical. I figure people use both ways to make money. Money in the stock market can be made (and lost) a myriad of ways. It's just what's best suited to your individual style. Therefore I'll try out each as I learn just to see how they work before I settle on what suits me best.

As for the site, I've got a friend who day trades for a living and appears to be doing pretty decent at it and he said this site was one of the places he learned from. But it appears it might not be a good place to start for beginners.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.