"The NRL integrity commission has no role in punishing players...

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    "The NRL integrity commission has no role in punishing players for street crime."

Obdurate, that is wrong. The integrity commission encompasses all. Robert Lui was suspended for one year by the integrity commission because of a domestic abuse charge. James Tamou was fined 20k by the NRL and suspended for 4 games (i think) by the integrity commission because of drink driving. The Cowboys did not hand down that sentence

The integrity commission is set up for that very thing. Remember the uproar when Todd Carney basically got a slap over the wrist a few years back for drink driving. The inconsistency in sentences by clubs and the NRL for all incidents paved the way for the integrity commision.

We may agree to disagree re Packer, but as i said, the bloke is going away for 2 years and has a wife and 2 children. Although as you say, the Knights owe him nothing, i think it is quite admirable that they still feel concerned for his welfare first. And as i said, it would definitely be a directive from the NRL and pressure from the NZRL. Don't forget, his wife and kids are alone in a foreign country and although you may have zero concern for Packer's welfare, his wife and kids are the innocent parties and would naturally be devastated. They can't move back home because they would want to be with their husband. Do they not deserve support???????????? Surely you have a heart and understand their predicament?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.