newcastle knight pleads guilty, page-62

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Safaris, he won't get that money.

Again, even if he gets a 1 months prison sentence and is out in February, the NRL integrity commission will not suspend him for a season. That has been my argument all along. The club has no say in whether he plays or not, it will come down to the integrity commission and what sentence they give him, which i think will be 1 season.

Newcastle will not pay him the 300k (if you think he is on that). His contract at the Warriors would have been around the 150k.

So, to put it in perspective, you have a wife and 2 kids, have moved to Australia where you are imprisoned. Your wife won't go back to NZ because they will want to visit their dad in prison and your family is without an income for most likely 2 years.

I don't care how much a person has earnt (in Packers case, not as much as you think at the warriors), having no income for 2 years combined with the commitments you already have (house payments, court costs, credit cards, living costs), do you not think his family is under pressure living in another country all alone??????

NRL contracts become void if you are arrested and are imprisoned for the length of your contract (and more so because you haven't played).

His family is out of pocket probably 500 t0 600k if he does his time, plus legal fees. That has got to hurt his family and could Packer be excused for not being in a sane state of mind?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.