AZY 4.35% 1.1¢ antipa minerals limited

A negative outlook doesn’t equate to down-ramping, as a positive...

1. 410 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 214
    A negative outlook doesn’t equate to down-ramping, as a positive outlook doesn’t mean up-ramping. I don't mean to single you out, this applies to anyone who has the same idea. To me, a down-ramper is someone whose negative comments have no reasoning, no basis other than fear and bitterness, and are usually short and nasty – the written equivalent of road rage, just useless venting. People who have a good reason for their position and state it without vitriol, can't automatically be dismissed as down-rampers.

You ask where the down-rampers are on good days. Which good days are you referring to? AZY has been in a steady decline for 15 months, with a few dead cat bounces along the way.

But on your point, I've been questioning AZY since July 2021 when I started trading my shares (i.e selling on the spike and buying the same number back on the inevitable drop a day later). I wasn't negative, so I maintained my original number of shares (10m). I just thought there was another way to make money from the stock rather than simply "hold and hope". Comments back then suggested that even questioning AZY’s brilliance was akin to treason, and parting with any shares stupid. I started being negative at the end of 2021 and acted on that feeling by selling down. I now hold 30% of my original shares.

So AZY has been profitable for me, and that will still be the case when I sell my remaining shares at a loss. But I still regard it as an overhyped (read: up-ramped) company with a poor strategy, a bad CEO, in a hopeless situation.

I don't think anyone is actually influenced to buy or sell by anonymous HC posters. But for the sake of the argument, let's imagine some people are. In that case, the AZY cheer squad has done a lot of damage suggesting that the stock is a bargain at every price point from 6.7c down, along with statements like "the bottom is in", "we're on the cusp", "2021 will be our year" (then 2022, then 2023…), etc. Then there's Power's now-infamous: "fill yer boots".

Alternatively, anyone following the naysayers has saved themselves a lot of money and anguish by not buying in if they didn't already hold, and made money by selling if they did.

I know which group I’d be listening to.
    Last edited by candidcamera: 20/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
-0.001(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $45.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.0¢ $18.62K 1.686M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 58771 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 7305314 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.1¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ 319799
Last updated 15.04pm 02/05/2024 ?
AZY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.