BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

Newest AFR Article, page-53

1. 2,487 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205
    @davmarc

Now I'm intrigued and here's what I found....
    Consent
    Victoria Police does not release criminal history information to any organisation
    outside the sphere of law enforcement and/or the administration of justice without
    the individual’s written consent. In order to obtain a national police certificate an
    individual must complete the appropriate application form, called ‘Consent to Check
    and Release National Police Record ‘ and pay a fee.
    What will be released
    Victoria Police release criminal history information on the basis of findings of guilt at
    court, and will also release details of matters currently under investigation or
    awaiting court hearing. It is important to note that a finding of guilt without
    conviction is still a finding of guilt and will be released according to the information
    release policy. Victoria Police release police records in accordance with any or all
    of the following guidelines:
     If the individual was an adult (eighteen years* or over) when last found
    guilty of an offence and ten years have since elapsed, subject to
    exceptions listed below, no details of previous offences will be released.

I'm not a lawyer but....what that means to me is the Vic Police wont confirm the conviction if asked, but IT IS NOT EXPUNGED.
    It could be therefore incorrect for BIG to state that there was no "criminal record" because the record does remain, but they don't release it. If so they may have have breached the listing rules (1) and then made a false statement (2) but again I have no legal training and could be totally wrong.

The next question is if AFR can prove/provide court reported evidence that a criminal offence has occurred, is that enough for ASIC to take action? That one should keep the lawyers in Pinot Gris for some time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.