Newmans Take., page-28

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    The more this drags on the more the arguments from the pro Abbott clan fall short.

I only read it once but here are 3 glaring brain fades:
    1. Abbott lost his leadership because of his own shortcomings, not because he actually got knifed. He was put out of his own misery. We didn't see Turnbull relentlessly going out of his way to bash what was a bad government; Tony just had to perform like Tony for that.
    2. "If (Conservatives are) not insurgents against failed vested interests"; what a hypocrite! Love for coal, being against changes to Super and negative gearing are nothing more than our side of politics bowing to vested interests. All 3 examples were of course taken from Tony's playbook.
    3. "He may be the Liberals last chance". Where has the author been for the last 3 years? Stop spending time talking with Abbott supporters and talk to the rest of us. He is not even the preferred PM among Liberal voters; where does this notion that he is our saviour come from?

The biggest problem here is as always confirmation bias, 'I love Tony' so I spend time with like minded people, only read like minded opinion pieces, only listen to like minded radio talk shows and I bloke out all the noise that says Australia does not want a Liberal Party that resembles what Tony is advocating for! Just read the polls and his popularity level; its abysmal.
    Of course the number one rule is to forget all the policies that Tony loves but have absolutely no place in a right of center party (subsidies for coal? Gold standard paid parental leave? Government run direct action? Deficit levy?)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.