RFX 4.55% 10.5¢ redflow limited

News 24, page-2

1. AOF
    2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 720
    The Brisbane newspapers this weekend were running stories about local Qld power company Energex now crying to the State Labor government about how unfair it would be to allow those naughty 'early-adopter' solar PV folks who got in early and secured themselves a 'renewables' generated electricity feed in sales contract from the government for 44c/kWh, that's valid through to 2028, to now be 'allowed' to also connect energy-storage batteries to their systems as well.
    After reading their misinformation I just couldn't help myself and so I penned a letter in reply to their news editors pointing out a few salient facts on the subject but I seriously doubt that it will actually get printed, so, thinking that you folks might like to read it I decided to post it here for you.
    Quote:
    I have absolutely no idea at all just what powerful mind altering substances the intellectuals that Energex is obviously now employing as their corporate 'spin-merchants' must have been imbibing in recently to allow them to even dream up their new and absolutely preposterous idea that anyone, anyone at all, in Queensland with an existing solar PV power contract which is valid through to 2028 and which guarantees them a government feed in tariff rebate of 44c/kWh for every single nano-ampere of their own surplus solar generated electricity that they sell back into the 'grid' would ever, even in a month of Sundays, so much as contemplate, much less now actually install, any new solar energy-storage batteries onto their existing solar PV systems, in order to thereby immediately deprive themselves of being paid 44c/kWh for -all- of their surplus solar generated power each day, just so that they could then store it and use it at night themselves, instead of paying Energex 23c/kWh for just a couple of kWh of it overnight. That thought is truly so absolutely preposterous, it is positively laughable.
    What Energex actually need to really and truly be worried about are the hundreds of thousands of other Queensland solar PV owners who don't qualify for the government's initially offered generous 44c/kWh feed in tariff and who are now instead earning literally just a couple of miserable cents per kWh whilst being 'forced' to sell all of their surplus renewably generated power back into the grids.
    These are the ones who now have a very, very real financial incentive, to install the newly available and consumer oriented energy-storage batteries onto their own solar PV systems as this would allow them to thus save, and time-shift, that available 'free' surplus renewably generated power each day, to when they, actually wanted to use it themselves, for 'free' rather than their current unhappy situation of having to almost give it away to the government owned power quangos, and then buy it back from them later at their own vastly inflated corporate prices.
    This sort of ridiculous current thinking by Energex makes it seem patently obvious that the exact same 'Neanderthals' are still in charge there as were back in 2010 when the then Bligh Labor government held a parliamentary inquiry into the future direction of the Queensland power industry and where they were then told by the engineering expert witnesses then present from the Australian energy-storage battery manufacturing company RedFlow, that the future of their existing antiquated government owned centralized power grids model was absolutely doomed with the imminent wide scale adoption of privately owned solar and other renewably sourced localized power generation.
    The RedFlow engineers even showed them back then how they could most easily modernize their CO2 belching dinosaur-dung fueled power grids by the use of their large scale energy-storage battery system technology but, what did the Bligh Labor government and Energex decide to do instead ?
    Why, they simply chose to totally ignore what has now proven just five years later to be the RedFlow engineers truly prescient advice of course, and instead, plunge the Queensland taxpayers headlong anew into Billions of dollars of extra and wasted government debt, incurred in 'gold-plating' their existing dinosaur fueled centralized power grids, just so that they could cope with the typically only 5 percent of days per year, when public demands for electric power reach their highest peaks. Thus, are the idiots that run our once great State, and our government owned power companies.
    Every day now I earnestly pray to GOD for His help, because we most surely do need it here in Queensland.
    Un-Quote:

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
-0.005(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $27.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $3.086K 27.77K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 134051 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 2134 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.