AAD 0.00% $1.49 ardent leisure group

News: AAD Dreamworld updates on inspections of slides and rides at WhiteWater World and Dreamworld, page-12

1. 1,426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    The first audit was a good result. Those minor breaches are insignificant. Whsq knowing other auditors would be following would have triple checked everything . As fate would have it I am also in the construction industry and have undertaken a number of construction projects at Dreamworld. Those breaches are minor and should not be freported in the manner they where in the fin review.
    Other auditors may turn up something else . I would be very surprised if it where anything more significant than the whsq report. In my opinion safety officers generally have failed to make the grade elsewhere. So they become safety officers. While safety is very important safety officers are a bit of a menace .
    Spoke to my niece who was working the next ride at the time. Her view was that Dreamworld dealt with the tradgedy quite professionally. Procedures were carried out.
    In terms of staff training , staff were ranked in terms of experience and expertise.It all seemed quite structured. I would be surprised if they were found wanting in this area.
    This is pure speculation on my behalf. Aad now seem more concerned at maintaining the Dreamworld brand than about the short term profit hit. When to open the park must have occupied their minds immediately after the accident. They thought 3 days was fine. Now we are approaching 5 weeks, with nothing to indicate they will be found wanting. Maybe Aad is attempting to maximise Dreamworlds value by its current strategy. The GoldCoast is having a bit of a tourist boom at the moment. There are cycles. Maybe offloading this tired asset isn't such a bad idea. In my opinion Aad haven't invested enough to keep Dreamworld relevant.
    The main game is the Main Event. If America can support 200 odd Main Events that's quite a business. I think I will wait till after the half year results. Aad should be a growth stock for years to come.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.