LPD 33.3% 0.2¢ lepidico ltd

News affecting LPD assets?, page-111

1. 4,770 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1658
    What you fail to appreciate here is the fact that DLI had a signed contract with a Chinese firm "Jiangxi Jinhui Lithium Co. Limited"

Desert Lion Energy Announces Offtake Agreement with Chinese Lepidolite Converter (newswire.ca)

This mine was basically already in the hands of the Chinese. Now they have potentially lost a supply of Lithium stockpiles from which they use to produce Lithium-ion batteries.

LPD is targeting markets in China & Europe.

BASF is in Europe.

Hence why I asked shareholders to ponder the following scenario in a recent post.

"Here's a scenario to ponder, the American DFC might fund Karibib & the ore gets sent off to the Middle East & refined into battery grade chemicals, great! But China, already engaged in a trade war with the US, might take offence to any product coming from a manufacturer, producer or exporter from Africa that's received American funding instead of Chinese investment."

LEPIDICO LTD (ASX:LPD) - News affecting LPD assets?, 49375624, page-97 - HotCopper | ASX Share Prices, Stock Market & Share Trading Forum

If you have any understand about the Chinese people would you know they have a certain characteristic ingrained in their culture, which are the actions of "saving face".

The Importance of 'Face' in China - Rupert Munton - ClarkMorgan Insights - YouTube

So the potential quagmire we have now is, a mine in Namibia (the new cold war) that was supplying Lithium ore directly to the Chinese markets which could now be run & operated by an Australian company & funded by American's. Some of that supply of Lithium could now be siphoned off to European markets or other markets after the conversion at Abu Dhabi.

Do you think China would be happy about that?

Australia & America aren't exactly in a great standing in the eyes of the CCP at the moment, are they?

Geopolitics.
    Last edited by ProCapitalism: 06/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
-0.001(33.3%)
Mkt cap ! $17.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $13.20K 4.880M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 37353437 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 53058632 44
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.