ST1 1.85% 5.3¢ spirit technology solutions ltd

Sprint don't use 5G/4G spectrum. 5g and 4g is spectrum for...

1. 2,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 213
    Sprint don't use 5G/4G spectrum.

5g and 4g is spectrum for mobile phones. Carriers buy it to offer data services over their mobile fleet. Think sim card. Many users and carriers. High spectrum charges to acquire via govt auction. For most of the point to point connectivity, the traffic travels via the carrier's terrestrial fibre network.

Sprint use Fixed wireless (radio) spectrum. Like nbn do in their regional offering.

I am not sure what the spectrum cost is but it is much cheaper. Think of your home wireless router but on steriods. No sim card. Not "mobile" spectrum. It can accommodate many users and high bandwith if configured properly. See slide 5 of Sprint's market update 060917. There are many non metro isp's and "telcos" who have been offering this sort of network solution for years.

upload_2017-10-28_8-19-18.png
    In the presso you can see Wireless spectrum used in the building and between buil dings, then leased fibre to a data centre then to the internet.

Hopefully you'll find an engineer to give you a more technically correct answer or go to Whirlpool. There's heaps of "ginger beers" and knowledgeable amateurs on there. Just remember Sprint is not mobile phone spectrum (4G/5G)

Sprint say they are careful not to compete with nbn and don't think they will fall foul of any attempts by nbn to "tax" competitors. I hope they are right.

That's one risk, the other uncertainty for me was TBF selling.

GLTA. They seem to be going OK at the moment.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ST1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
-0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $72.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.3¢ 5.3¢ $2 39

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 350714 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.3¢ 52414 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.15am 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ST1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.