AGL 0.10% $10.26 agl energy limited.

what a crazy storyAGL was going to build a gas peaker with...

1. 5,456 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 575
    what a crazy story

AGL was going to build a gas peaker with battery; but NSW govt said they dont want it, so NSW govt will pour money into renewables; this make the AGL gas peaker unviable

Then Fed govt comes in and says 'well AGL you did not commit to a gas peaker, so WE (Fed) will build one'

So we have NSW taxpayer money pouring into renewables
    We have Fed taxpayer money pouring into gas

Man this is ugly; two branches of govt pouring tax payer money into competing power generation plant; and AGL actually do both of those power generation, but are not allowed to build it, because they will lose money; but govt dont care if they lose money; just wow

And today Morrison said he knows a smaller gas peaker is sufficient to provide stable generation; but a main goal of Libs is to push down the power prices (by building loss making generation plants with tax payer money to compete with private enterprise)

Now, then, why did govt gift the big four bank billions upon billions to stay in profit; the govt could have used tax payer money to setup a new bank and offer higher saving rates and lower mortgage rates - for the benefit of the masses

I really do not understand what is going on, but it seems NSW Libs and Fed Libs have gone all communist on us (re power); I hope they burn in the place where communist, totalitarian govts go to burn

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.26
Change
-0.010(0.10%)
Mkt cap ! $6.902B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.27 $10.29 $10.06 $26.69M 2.614M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5549 $10.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.27 1000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.