AGL 1.66% $10.10 agl energy limited.

I really wish you stop one-liners like "Your aren't grounded in...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    I really wish you stop one-liners like "Your aren't grounded in reality at all" and qualify your statement like why I am not being realistic. Let me show you some examples.

"What is the alternative to renewables?" - Why is there a need to have alternatives to renewables? Do you see renewables as end-all-be-all solution to our energy needs? Solutions exists on a spectrum, it is not black and white. What about North Pole and South Poles? Can you use solar panels there? It's night for half a year consecutively and day for half a year. And it doesn't always blow there too. Have you heard of nuclear power? Zero carbon emissions but stigmatized. You are really sounding like a blue haired social justice warrior trying to "solve" the energy and environmental crisis all from the comfort of your room.

"Expensive power bills and unreliable supply" You must have looked at the LCOE of solar panels and wind and saw that it is lower than coal or natural gas. But you missed out on the batteries. The LCOE of batteries need to be added to the LCOE of solar and wind to be a fair comparison to coal and gas. Come back after you have done that. As for "unreliable", coal and gas is 24/7 baseload. Sure, blackouts happen a few times a year but reliability is >95%. Solar and wind are not baseload power. Can you reliably ask the wind to blow from 6pm to 6am every night?

"how much money have you lost on Australia's largest coal company" I don't know how this matters to the subject. The amount of money I lose or make does not affect if I see renewables as viable or not. Maybe this is a freudian slip on your part. You probably invested most of your money in a lot of green energy stocks like lithium, vanadium redox flow batteries and electric car startups. Maybe you need to beat other people down to convince them to sell their traditional stocks and buy into the greenie stuff you are in. But you have failed with me, I remain steadfast in my stance. When the upswing comes back, I will be semi-retired from active work because I got investments like AGL and i will be able to spend more time on hotcopper debunking SJWs.

As for why coal companies are down, it's just because the commodity price for coal is down. Simple as that. When BHP was ~$15/share in 2016, it's because the price of iron ore is down. It's not because people have decided to stop buying energy intensive manufactured goods like cars, refrigerators and air-conditioners because of climate change.

If you are going to give me a one liner again without justifying your statements, I will welcome you to my ignore list. I really rather spend time searching for value investments than spend time debating people who can't form cogent arguments.

Apologies if I have hurt your feelings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.10
Change
-0.170(1.66%)
Mkt cap ! $6.838B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.27 $10.27 $10.08 $5.367M 528.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 99 $10.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.11 8626 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.26am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.