AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

News: AGO Australia's Atlas Iron names ex-Hancock executive CEO in board overhaul, page-26

1. 558 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    I take no joy from people losing money, that is why I try to urge caution and over highlight risks over reward. That approach hopefully reduces risk and loss.

The overly optimistic approach of some is the danger because it encourages speculation and a belief in huge gains whilst discounting the downside. They encourage loss by wild prediction.

It appears some have lost on the company. Had they at least considered negative posts rather than criticising them they may have had a better understanding. Holding long and strong has been an appalling strategy with Atlas (unless you enjoy losing money).

I have also suggested Atlas should be a small part of a diversified portfolio . In that case there should be gains to offset the loss. Yet I am portrayed as some sort of villain rather than someone who looks at risk before reward(not a bad strategy in my mind).

Now those who have lost blame others for a decision they freely made after ignoring the very obvious risks (and criticising those who tried to highlight them).

That's why I didn't hold long and strong. I held for a profit. That was why I bought. That's the point of investing .

All in my opinion DYOR .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.