AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

I think Milei has good chances to win and Massa, who as economy...

1. 4,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 942
    I think Milei has good chances to win and Massa, who as economy minister stands for the status quo and would likely support new royalties, has almost no chance of winning unless all the other candidates strongly endorse him and condemn Milei. It looks like it will be Milei vs. Massa in the final round.

Looks like there was a broadcasted debate in Argentina and Milei won according to this poll here:

"Javier Milei, an economist and political commentator, surprised the political scene when he emerged as the winner of the debate, securing 48% of the votes in a TN poll. This was a significant achievement considering Milei’s status as a political outsider. His victory symbolizes a potential shift in Argentina’s political landscape, which has been dominated by the same groups for the past 20 years.Milei’s campaign promises to drastically cut government expenses, eliminate public subsidies, and break up with the status quo. His supporters liken his rise to those of other far-right leaders such as former US President Donald Trump and former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro. However, what sets Milei apart is his proposal to dollarize Argentina as a solution to the country’s chronic inflation troubles. This radical plan remains untested in a country as big as Argentina and has sparked debates among financial analysts.Coming in second in the poll was Patricia Bullrich, a center-right leader, with 20% of the votes. Sergio Massa and Juan Schiaretti both secured 15% of the votes. Myriam Bregman, despite her efforts, had the least votes with 2%."

Argentina's Presidential Debate: Javier Milei Wins Debate Poll (bnn.network)

This is seems to be an almost final version of the poll where you can see the number of votes:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5626/5626120-f2541454a50a0fb93fdbbe1db338db6e.jpg

Also Milei's vice president pick won:

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5626/5626123-5d8c2792ccb46568bfbefb9a21c5b953.jpg

I saw another poll on twitter which was even more significantly in Milei's favour but it is not representative and had just over 50 something thousand votes when I saw it. Milei had over 70 % of the votes there.
    Last edited by Stephan90: 03/10/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.