AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

Please tell me how this is a "merger of equals" at basically a...

1. 62 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    Please tell me how this is a "merger of equals" at basically a 50/50 ratio?

Livent net income $87.4 million for the quarter, while AKE are more than double that with a much more aggressive, just plain bigger, and more attractive (e.g. James Bay) growth profile. Not equal now and future growth looks only to exacerbate this gap!

Ken Brinsden sums it up: “What they didn’t do was get the mining capacity right. And that is why you have seen pretty incredible spikes in the price of the raw materials,” Brinsden said.“But the truth is that from now, exactly the same thing is happening in the western world.“Masses of chemical capacity is going to be built in the western world, or is already under construction, including in North America and Australia. But the same mistake is being made.There is a lot more chemical capacity being built than there is underlying raw material capacity. .... There will be incredible price spikes in the raw materials because it is the raw materials that are going to be short in the world – not the chemical capacity, not the battery making capacity, and not the EV making capacity.” -- https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/incredible-lithium-price-spike-on-way-as-new-chemical-capacity-drives-demand-says-brinsden -- Livent is not contributing nearly enough taking this point of view.

Livent owns the whole Hombre Muerto salar and still hasn't expanded beyond some minor operation! Livent don't even announce directly/clearly the volume sold in the quarter (because it's embarrassingly small relative to the potential of the tenements).

Last edited by JasLit: 01/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.