AEB 0.00% $2.57 affinity energy and health limited

News: AlgaeTec showcase facility visit from The H, page-34

1. 5,562 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2207
    re: News: AlgaeTec showcase facility visit fr... Very peculiar that you would consider thinking of an anonymous internet forum poster's points as dependent on each other rather than considering each point independently.

Coming from a science background myself I am very familiar with how often science gets things wrong and how sometimes only certain sides get published, while the others are ignored or actively suppressed. This is especially true of politically sensitive issues, and what is more extreme an example than this? Even before the research project begins it is biased. If I was a climate scientist applying for funding to show how much humans are screwing the climate I would likely get approval. If I applied for funding to show the opposite I would not, and if I tried too many times I'd probably be thrown out of the institution.

Climate change is basically untestable, so it's not really science anyway, it's modelling and speculation. In 50-100 years you'll better be able to say what's wrong and right.

The issue is so misunderstood that most people actually think the climate is not supposed to change and that only humans are changing it! Even here, with people claiming to be informed, many of you told me I was ridiculous for saying the planet's climate had been warmer than at present many times throughout prehistory. I was also told here by so-called experts that the rate of change is greater than ever before, a common myth put out by the media, and sometimes even directly by scientists, despite very clear evidence that greater rates of change have occurred naturally many times.

The scientific consensus isn't as strong as the popular media suggests either. Both within and outside scientific circles there are climate change sceptics. A common misrepresentation of information is that all scientists believe humans are contributing to climate change. That's true, but the false implication is that they all believe it is catastrophic, or even that there is a consensus that humans are the only or primary cause of change.

While working as a scientist myself I was researching animal species which died and came into existence in the 100,000 years or so before humans came along. That's very recent history, nothing to do with humans, and some pretty extreme changes.

Anyway, climate change is irrelevant to the economics of AEB. Perception of climate change has a small relevance, and yep, it's on your side, but hey, AEB is sitting around all time lows anyway. If we want to play 'the big community's consensus is correct' games, I suppose the market has spoken (no, I don't think it's a valid argument in either case).

I don't expect anyone to change their stance on climate change (or AEB) based on my words, but perhaps it will convince some to be open minded, check out alternate ideas, and be a part of eventual change.

Oh, and in case I sound like I'm just trying to convince myself that everything is okay, I predict the collapse of modern civilisation within my lifetime (but not due to climate change).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AEB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.