AMC 0.12% $16.42 amcor plc

News: AMC UPDATE 1-Australia's Amcor in talks to buy U.S. packaging company Bemis - WSJ, page-9

1. 11,231 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 705
    They're hardly going to be unprepared for the conference call, and hardly going to be lacking in corporate confidence. That feeling of being less irked will pass - lol. However you may find that some funds are buying due to expected index inclusion.

I think they have pulled forward non-organic growth in a hurry at a huge premium. They could have kept on acquiring smaller businesses that would be highly accretive to earnings, and kept lots of integration staff busy that way. They could have dual listed on the US market too. Now they have created an impediment due to size IMO, assuming this gets over the line with the regulators. So a lot of market power "powder" has been used up in a hurry at very low earnings accretion.

We might find out that there is another reason for a big hurry at some stage too, good or bad reasons possible, like a land grab.

I suspect that some time in the next 10 years or so there will be a big move in plastics (and labels, paper etc) to ensure that waste plastic and containers are suitable for "clean" incineration (and maybe forget expensive recycling) but generate base load power, thereby reducing coal). There will be a lot of capital equipment replaced if this comes to pass, but probably an advantage to the bigger players at the same time.

All IMO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.