AMI 3.13% 16.5¢ aurelia metals limited

News: AMI Aurelia Metals Posts FY Net Profit From Ordinary Activities $99.1 Mln, page-110

1. 2,662 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 458
    I'm going to indulge in a statement of the bleeding obvious and say that AMI needs two things to kick off.

1) US gold above 1200 and Aus gold above 1600 (preferably 1700). Copper kick up wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah I know AMI has a very low AISC but there's still a bit of a medium term bear mentality around gold at the moment. If the price kicks around and goldies come into fashion, look out. And I know it's only the AUS price that really matters but psychologically the US price still seems to matter a lot

2) Improve life of mine. (confirming more life out of Chronos wouldn't hurt either)

I spent some time recently researching a bunch of stocks including some goldies that have much more marginal AISCs than AMI (and often a debt burden) but they have a whole heap more gold. The market can be fickle and sometimes seems to prefer a lot of a mediocre resource rather than a less of a good one. AMI came clean and reduced the resource inherited from Peak, if they can stretch that out again I think the market will become a lot more comfortable.

I still think the last six months have been remarkable, a couple of good gold strikes and a bit of macro luck and the next six months could be almost as good.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.5¢
Change
0.005(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $279.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.5¢ 17.0¢ 16.0¢ $466.7K 2.830M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 98898 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 587468 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.53pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.