AMI 1.52% 16.3¢ aurelia metals limited

News: AMI Aurelia Metals Posts FY Net Profit From Ordinary Activities $99.1 Mln, page-5

1. 1,414 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 888
    The actual earnings are wonderful, but the efficiency in which all operations are working at is impressive.
    I am learning constantly about this company, and one thing I am impressed by is how the Peak acquisition has only made all operations more efficient.

Just as gold has trended down of recent months, efficiency is crucial to maintain profitable operations and avoid the temptation to seek external funding for operations or expansion. AMI is growing its' cash pile.

Revenue was within analysts estimates, however EPS was above analysts estimates - this is what has impressed me so far as I read through the report.

I would like to see AMI hold its' cash, pay no dividends to short term holders, and should the market price of similar mines in the area fall see AMI take control of those assets, even if at the time they are not financially viable for operation - it will add to their excess unproductive assets at hand, however once the price rises and the cash piles have further built up, will push productivity higher.

As a caution, taking on debt for any reason in current market conditions I fear would be seen as a negative.

Again, very impressed with Mr. J. Simpson and his team of carefully selected experts, with great desires to see them continue their wise and thrifty approach to operations in the short term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
16.3¢
Change
-0.003(1.52%)
Mkt cap ! $270.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 16.3¢ 16.0¢ $107.1K 669.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
16 510601 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
16.5¢ 388223 23
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.04pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
16.3¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 0.12 %)
Open High Low Volume
16.0¢ 16.3¢ 16.0¢ 469592
Last updated 13.27pm 17/06/2024 ?
AMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.