AMP 0.45% $1.13 amp limited

News: AMP Australia's AMP says insurance business sale unlikely to proceed, page-16

1. 3,715 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1539
    The fact that they have some viable operating businesses still??? Making less than before but still making money. That's pretty fundamental isn't it?

The fact the kiwi govt has thrown a spanner in the works is the reason we are re-pricing today from what was already factored in.

Interesting view from Macquarie re: cap raising.
    That could offer more downside again and more opportunity. Sure as the sun rises, companies always raise more capital at the BOTTOM.

Make no mistake about it, if half the ASX listed companies couldn't riase capital they'd have gone bust long ago.
    If they were private and couldn't get lines of funding then game over.

Time will tell, but as I said if you can get past the fear it throws up opportunity.

Like I said FMG at a buck and a half, STO under 2 bucks.
    I bought both around that time and did well out of them among others.

Not saying it's for everyone but this type of reaction repeats itself over and over and over again.

No guarantees but I like to be contrarian to all the caterwauling at times like this.

We'll churn through a large volume today, have a bounce next few days then down again etc etc etc.

Short it, buy it, do whatever you like, I smell opportunity and will keep on doing what's worked before.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.13
Change
0.005(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $2.921B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.13 $1.12 $5.227M 4.650M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 60562 $1.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 68371 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.