AMP 0.95% $1.06 amp limited

The three questions I am asking my self as a shareholder right...

1. 86 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26

The three questions I am asking my self as a shareholder right now is......

1. If there was a vote to decide on whether to go ahead with the sale of life and mature deal, how would I vote?

2. If this a step toward the sale of the rest of the business either as whole or in bits, how do I feel about this? Given the discount of the first sale, will sale prices show previous valuations as being irrelevant and too high? Will they be above the implied values in the savaged share price? Will be closer to higher or lower values?

3. Given AMP has shown a tendency to shift strategy, would it be better to let the new CEO not only get his feet under the table but develop an overall long term strategy before selling off the life and mature business? 

When I think about it, my answers are that based on the information I currently have I would vote gains the sale in order to force the third thing to happen. This would also force AMP to deal more openly with statements by Murray about preparing the business for sale. If it maximizes shareholder value then flog off AMP in total or pieces. But if if that is the best plan that a new Chairman and new CEO have for the business, why did we need them?

while it is good to see the price moving up and consolidating, remember it is 50 cents or $1.5 billion down since the sale deal was announced. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.06
Change
0.010(0.95%)
Mkt cap ! $2.826B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.07 $1.07 $1.04 $10.34M 9.764M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 249192 $1.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.07 372831 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.