APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

News: APT PayPal Australia takes on Afterpay with no-late fee 'buy now, pay later' offer, page-91

1. 67 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Agreed, and appreciate the discussion. I post one concern and next minute I'm screenshot on forums as a shorter haha. This is a conversation about strategy, execution, network effects and long term business sustainability. For any Afterpay holder, Stratechery is a great resource, and commentary moving forward will be very relevant to APT strategy of 'owning demand'.

My concerns is the players involved, and the fight to own customers (i'm still holding btw). There's moats within this space that hold consumer loyalty i.e - Amazon Prime to Amazon (free shipping, discounts, data etc.), Instagram followers to stores (IMO social media will lean more and more into commerce moving forward) and DTC brands owning customer lifecycles. It's a valid concern, and worth spending time reviewing the customer journey, and if APT can execute on being the Airbnb/Expedia to travel, the 'Google to websites', or the Uber Eats to restaurants.

I hold both Afterpay and Zip, and it's clear both are going down a different path. Zip more so towards digital wallet, payments, pipeline (i.e stripe), credit, trading (crypto has been spoken about), microservces etc. where APT (IMO) has it's sites set on being an aggregator.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.