AQZ 1.95% $3.14 alliance aviation services limited

News: AQZ Alliance Aviation Services Says FY21 Outlook Positive And In Line With Consensus Forecast, page-5

1. 1,325 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    The Cairns to Sunshine Coast is a Queensland Government supported route, if I recall correctly. Twice a week, this aircraft will continue from Sunshine Coast to Canberra, enabling the flight to service three centres. If Canberra is not successful, it can be pulled back to the original route.

It will be interesting to see the loadings with Canberrans being offered two Queensland destinations on the one flight. It is a smart way of dipping the toe in the water by AQZ.

Of some interest is Rex moving in to the mainline market. I see it as being the move that could be the end of Rex, once Qantas fights back. They must see Qantas as being severely financially wounded and not in a position to fight back like they have with previous competitors. Rex have not been any real trouble to AQZ whilst they operate 34 seat prop aircraft, however, success for Rex in the jet market would open a can of worms. I think Alliance should look seriously at Airnorth, especially if Rex were to be sniffing in that area, What we don't want is Rex, with their cheaper crews, entering the small to mid size jet market. That market belongs to AQZ and long may it stay that way.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.14
Change
0.060(1.95%)
Mkt cap ! $504.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.07 $3.17 $3.06 $903.4K 288.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1889 $3.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.14 1745 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AQZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.