AQZ 1.95% $3.14 alliance aviation services limited

Hi Arpeebee,I'm no expert but I would hazard a guess that bot...

1. 294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi Arpeebee,

I'm no expert but I would hazard a guess that bot trading is successful otherwise they wouldn't do it. And clearly this form of trading does not come with brokerage fees.

I don't think this form of trading can surpass FA. TA, yes as it's all about calculation. FA is trickier though. AQZ SP has been in a holding pattern of late, waiting on the outcome of the ACCC decision. It's been trading in a range of 3.35 to 3.6 since early Jan, awaiting that decision. When I saw it dropping recently for no apparent reason I figured I'd buy more and did so on 31 Mar for an average of 3.35. I had more shares than I'd intended, and I sold the same amount (3000) for average 3.49 yesterday for a handy little profit despite the brokerage fees (and I don't pay CGT due to my personal circumstances). If the SP dips to around 3.35 again before the ACCC announcement, I'll buy again. Would the bots be smart enough to do the same? I guess they would because it's simple TA. The bots don't know what the ACCC is going to say though, and can't predict announcements that come out of the blue. Just my thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.