BTU 0.00% 15.0¢ bathurst resources limited

news article, page-30

1. 9,889 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1281
    Does this remind anyone of the state of affairs in Australian politics?

Eugenie Sage: Given that, as Minister, he is responsible for conservation land on behalf of all New Zealanders, should the general public not have been able to give him their views on a mine proposal that his own department says “would present a significant and permanent loss of currently high conservation values”?

Hon Dr NICK SMITH: The member is very selective in what she quotes from the 240-page report from the department, which also pointed out the very significant conservation benefits from the compensation package. In terms of the public having a say, I would note that the proposal for the mine was publicly advertised all the way back in 2010, it was heard by independent commissioners and they approved it, it has subsequently been appealed to the Environment Court and to the High Court, and my understanding is there is also an appeal out on two other issues in other courts. For the member to argue the public has not had a say is simply being dishonest.

http://www.parliament.nz/mi-NZ/PB/Business/QOA/9/0/7/50HansQ_20130529_00000006-6-Mining-in-Conservation-Areas-Denniston.htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BTU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.