NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Hi @birdman29 and @dkalis, Not sure what the Sam Volkerings...

1. 380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 62
    Hi @birdman29 and @dkalis,

Not sure what the Sam Volkerings article actually contains and what his argument is to link NEA with Amazon.  However the article posted above reads like click bait.  In actual fact if you read further down it actually admits as much.

"And yes, I must close with a reminder that the Jeff Bezos/Amazon connection looks like not much more than an eye-catcher for the ad — the company might have designs on selling to drone operators someday, but that’s nowhere near their core focus, and they’re far from addressing their more natural market fully. The lack of good high-definition aerial imagery is not what’s holding up drone delivery or autonomous vehicles (they don’t need high-resolution 3D aerial photos to succeed in Australia or anywhere else, they’ve already got arrays of proximity sensors and GPS)."

But in essence what they are trying to suggest is that instead of using FPV (First Person View) using telemetry to stream a live view to the drone operator they would use the GPS co-ordinates to pull up NEA Aerial maps and the operator would fly using them.......considering that Amazon Prime Air requires a special landing map to be put out when deliveries are expected and the images could be largely out date for live flying not to mention the safety aspects of flying and navigating with old data, I'm going to call BS.

Amazon may use NEA mapping to determine if the location is suitable to receive drone deliveries, however as @lightning70 points out this will just be another customer on the books and not a game changer for NEA.

Regards
    Last edited by Whatknots: 10/11/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.