NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

I agree if Amazon does eventually use Nearmap for their...

1. 299 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    I agree if Amazon does eventually use Nearmap for their deliveries then they will just be another customer.

However, please understand that Nearmap’s products are charged on features (eg. upcoming features such as 3D modelling) as much as usage (in terms of data bandwidth being consumed per month). Depending on what Amazon is doing and how frequently the aerial data is required they could eventually be a massive enterprise data usage customer (& not just another average small solar installer user).

In addition, if Amazon comes onboard Nearmap, this very fact will boost branding prestige and reputation for the company and Nearmap can market this relationship to more potential customers and establish an unrivalled level of trust & confidence. This branding, strategic relationships, and increased company reputation & awareness in the industry will form part of their intangible assets for many years to come.

In the software industry, I know many global vendors will drastically discount their products to locally established companies when entering a new market so that they can advertise this fact and further drive all their local sales.

Many long term investors will cherish a company’s reputation more than profit.

As Warren Buffet put it, “If you lose money for the firm I will be understanding. If you lose reputation I will be ruthless.”

I believe an early Amazon relationship/alliance in AUS will truely tie both companies into doing bigger & better things both here, the US and beyond.....for many years to come....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.