Good in theory but in the end you can't rely on the population...

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Good in theory but in the end you can't rely on the population to make choices. I agree it looks like mutations are here to stay, particularly if the high number of transmissions keeps happening. If everyone who has COVID-19 stays home during the course then it's not a problem. But if they decide to go to work or party then they are taking the rights away from other people and causing unnecessary deaths (not personally but by contributing to the spread of the virus). The corona virus is far more potentially lethal than the flu, thus the fear and coercion you speak of, but if every person who contracted the flu made a conscious effort to stay home on not travel on the tram to go to work or send their kids to school then a lot less people would get seriously ill or die from the flu. But they don't. This is why I say you can't rely on the public to all do the right thing. Not taking the vaccine requires more responsibility in life actions not less. Unfortunately many rebellious types are not responsible people.

Me I personally believe our society would handle the virus much better if we were all vaccinated. I think that's the only way to beat the virus. But I do understand people's reluctance and feeling of coercion and bullying by the governments. I am surprise actually how we've acted as a society and become so divisive even within families. It hasn't been pleasant and I'm sure has created a lot more anxiety when families and friends needed to support each other, not fight each other. But that's another top7ic.7

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.