DNK 0.00% 31.7¢ danakali limited

News: Australian company seeks potash mining licence in Eritrea, page-42

1. 7,543 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1776
    I don't think anyone doubts we have a world class resource or that the mine WILL be built. The question is if DNK will be involved.

There are plenty of ASX listed miners/explorers looking to develop African assets but a huge number of them have failed. Just look at SDL. Absolutely Tier 1 iron ore resource. But they needed billions of dollars funding and a massive rail/port infrastructure build. Was looking hopeful but then the ass fell out of the IO price and the hopefuls turned to dust. That mine will be built in the future; but not by SDL.

Our project has the same risks but I believe we have a few factors working in our favour.

1) We have a genuine Tier 1 resource, that is easy to mine and requires very little infrastructure
    2) We're not seeking billions. In fact, our CAPEX is relatively low compared to other Tier 1 projects.
    3) The price of SOP has remained strong despite the complete collapse of the commodities market and so our funding is less risky to lenders (SOP has a floor price which def helps)
    4) The Eritrean gov is a 50% owner so they need/want this to be built ASAP - there's no point using siege tactics with China to let us die a slow, unfunded death
    5) Eritrea is serious about developing its mining industry and this is evident in the number of new project that have been approved or currently under review.

So I can understand why people are reluctant to accept the DNK story but as Paul loves to preach: we have a positively unique project. But this is still a gamble.

Every milestone that we achieve moving forward serves to derisk the project that little bit more so as we see less risk (perceived risk), we'll see a better SP.

I'm clearly a fan and believer that DNK will build the mine so if someone out there can convince me this is a crap investment, I'd really appreciate it. If I've missed something, I'd rather know about it than not know. I know why I invested; I need to know why I shouldn't. So knock yourself out RWA, tell us why we shouldn't... and leave the ELM comparisons at the door, bud.

Rant complete.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DNK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.