For the first time last month, I went to pay my monthly account...

1. 8,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 880
    For the first time last month, I went to pay my monthly account at my local store for the internet service using cash. Then with my current newly issued monthly bill, the service provider put in an extra charge of $2.75 for last month because I paid with cash instead of by electronic means. So, instead of getting a discount for using cash, now being penalized for using cash!!! eek.png

Next time if I use cash to pay the monthly bill, I'll endeavour to pay the whole amount with silver coins - make the store staff work for the $2.75 being charged. sneaky.png But then as a consequence I'm seriously thinking of shutting down the home internet service and use public internet facilities thus saving over a grand per year - the money saved could buy a lot of groceries - using cash for payment.

So, not only one can be hit with card use surcharges but also for using cash. Seriously?? rolleyes.png

Funny how suddenly cash can become important solely thanks to systematic planned/unplanned failures.

Waiting for the day when all data is scrambled due to a major system error and becomes unrecoverable - try to convince the bank you had money prior to system meltdown - the bank will probably respond 'you're correct, you had money but have it no longer as it all disappeared in the clouds - don't blame us, blame climate change with those gusty strong winds coming/going from/to Russia. what.png

Now I know that finding that $50 dollar note in the bush a little while back whilst out walking would come in handy - many thanks to the person who left it, the cash is much appreciated. smile.png AIMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.