AVL 7.14% 1.5¢ australian vanadium limited

Hello everyone, I've asked David some questions about AVL in...

1. 347 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Hello everyone, I've asked David some questions about AVL in general and he gave me a very detailed response. Hope it does help you to understand AVL better and good luck all.

Hi Crimson

I understand some of the criticisms from AVL investors and the frustration is entirely understandable. The reality is that investors from say a year ago owned shares in a Va deposit that was really not viable at that point based on pricing at the time.

For that reason yes I believe **by was stalled and I totally understand why.

My guess is that Blesberg was taken up to try to bridge the gap while Va prices climbed back up again. The same goes for battery sales.

In addition Vince trying to value add by producing electrolyte is a sensible move. That along with tackling the capex are what we need and what he's doing. For those in doubt take a look at Largo which is operating extremely well but still struggling under debt from a large capex. It's not always as easy as people think. Sometimes we need the perfect storm of shortages, high pricing, strong partners, technology that assists capex etc etc.

I do think that most people looking at Blesberg are thinking along the lines of a traditional oz mine whereas some of the small boutique mines in Africa can run on very low capex. I was one that was fairly negative at the time but I'm still keeping an open mind. So, we should not assume that Blesberg will not be profitable. It could be that the Feldspar is very viable and I'm looking forward to details of any MOU which may give an idea of annual tonnage as I'm not sure how big the market is. The Lithium deposit is obviously not huge and my guess not much width but very precise zones. Again that suits a low capex boutique style mine. There may be some work needed to find customers for a small deposit as I know from my time in China that big deposits and high grades get the attention.

In conclusion, the issue of performance shares is up to everyone top decide. Whether you agree or not I do not think anyone has the right to question how hard Vince is working.

I only make the comment that I do not see mistakes in Vince's strategy. Rather I see a guy trying to clear a path and create interest and income while the big prize comes becomes viable and comes online. Perhaps it will prove to be a mistake in hindsight but I would rather a pro-active CEO any day of the week than some of those that laze around on shareholder funds.

We are doing some really outstanding research on Vanadium in China and I can only say I'm quietly confident that we do have a mineral that will grow in demand. I'm also confident that it's likely now viable or very close to it in the current pricing and shortages we see. However, I have always said that this was about a 2 year process )from about a year ago) and I still think that's the case.

Regards
    David

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.5¢
Change
0.001(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $129.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.5¢ 1.4¢ $105.8K 7.334M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 2698027 1.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 8089207 22
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.