AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

News: AVQ Axiom Mining Says Solomon Islands Government Imposes Fines On Two Units Of Co, page-57

1. 1,895 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 935
    @2020hindsight I only know what comes via the SI media.

My personal viewpoint is that this lot currently in power have perfected the art of corruption. The article I have posted suggests that the SI Gov't loan of 100 Billion US dollars from China, a number of SI Politicians will receive a share of the 11% commission earmarked for the Chinese Broker. That equates to $11 Billion US Dollars commission. Let's do the maths, if each Politician get's 0.01% of the Broker's share, that alone equates to 1,100,000.00 US dollars each Politician. There's only 50 members of parliament in the SI Gov't, (not all are part of the current Coalition Gov't), therefore I'm sure the Chinese broker can afford to give them more than just 0.01% of his commission. One could bet that it would all be paid to them in Bitcoins.

The Solomon Islands media uses Facebook as a major outlet for news, it would pay to keep an eye on this source of information to watch the development of this.

Safe to say, if this were to occur in Australia or New Zealand, there would be lots of jail time for the Prime Minister, the Finance Minister and anyone else involved.

Ryan Mount has been dealing with this lot to try and secure the export licence, but Ryan has been trying to do this the proper and legal way. It does lead one to believe that the Mines Minister (who is part of the Coalition) is not immune to corruption, hence the current court case against him.

@Posilook I can't see that the Australian Government has the power to intervene. I also doubt if the Crown has the power to intervene. Sad to say, but the people of the Solomon Islands voted for this lot who have all been in Government before. You know the old saying about 'making the same mistake over and over but expecting a different result' and that's what has occurred putting this lot in power again.

The leader of the opposition Matthew Wale, is taking a strong stand against this loan, perhaps he will get the numbers in Parliament to oust the current PM. Perhaps he will also be a more reasonable man to deal with Axiom's mining matters.

All just my viewpoint, I would love to read the opinion of other Axiom holders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.