BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

So was in Perth's Chinatown today (Northbridge) and had about 15...

1. 1,524 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3037
    So was in Perth's Chinatown today (Northbridge) and had about 15 minutes to kill waiting for someone, so popped into CWH to see what was on their shelves....  and got another VERY pleasant surprise...  BAL Stage 1 MFD 06/02/2017.  

For those who haven't seen my earlier posts, last week I saw Stg 1 with MFD  24/01/02017 in Coles GardenCity....  So I wasn't expecting to see another Stg 1 with an even more recent date!

I think we need to be clear about this...  it's surprising, but not exciting....  I don't think I'll get excited until I either see a Stg3 MFD from 2017 or have a positive sales update from BAL management.

Stages 1 and 2 are the minnows compared with Stage 3 sales.  In the past the sales ratio between Stages 1 and 2 and Stage 3 is around 1 to 5.  However in the H1FY17 teleconference, Cohen advised that the sales mix is becoming more balanced.  

I'm pleased and surprised to see Stg 1 MFD with 2 different H2FY17 dates for a few reasons:
    1.  Production started being reduced in H1FY17, so stock produced in H2FY17 indicates that Stg1 stock at least isn't stagnating.
    2.  If sales of Stg1 are strong, this is a positive sign that BAL is connecting with new mothers...  and it's an assumption from there that parents will continue to use the same formula as their child grows through Stages 2 and 3 and then on into food solids.....  and yes, these are assumptions, but may prove to be the building stones for long term shareholders.

So IMO shorteners won the last few days play....  I'm keen to see how this week plays out...  and hoping for some positive news from BAL!  

IMG_1346.JPG IMG_1347.JPG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.