BAL 0.00% $13.23 bellamy's australia limited

Maybe, but comparing share price is not really appropriate in a...

1. 172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Maybe, but comparing share price is not really appropriate in a stock, you would normally compare maybe PE ratios or forecast EPS amongst other indicators and calculate that down to a share price for the company.

For example (and I am using Commsec and indirectly Morningstar here)

BAL's current PE is 20.7, the sector is about 22 which makes BAL look a little undervalued but the sector PE is buoyed up a bit by A2M which has a current PE of around 38, that's because of forecast earnings.

BAL's forecast is much lower than A2M and does not take into account the possibility of getting SAMR approval. That's a wild card and it's not reasonable to include that in forward earring forecasts.

If BAL got approval or had some other news which would make the market consensus irrelevant it would inform the market and the market would revalue the stock. When I say the market consensus, I don't just mean Morningstar. BAL will know what the average market expectation is for the stock which might include the fundamental valuation of a number of brokers.

If the expectation changes substantially, say by 10%, BAL would be obliged to make an announcement. When the shares move up or down based on market speculation, an announcement is not needed be cause the market speculation is not a market consensus.

It always bugs me that HC forum participants expect a company to make announcements based on market speculation. Announcements are made on fundamentals and broker forecasts, not trade activities and certainty not any a HC forum.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.