"Labor leaning female surprised she's not coloured."It does...

1. 567 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 175
    "Labor leaning female surprised she's not coloured."

It does appear to be more of the same as before. She was in a position where she presumably had some influence on the RBA's decisions and on Phil Lowe's conclusions. So, what exactly is different apart from gender? Maybe Phil might have kept his job if he had gone transgender.

I don't think that the public interest has been well served by the RBA in recent years - in my opinion the covid fiasco interest rates were ridiculously low, and the tardiness of the RBA to react to rising inflation was absurd, and the rate rise increments were pitifully too small. I think that under the present circumstances the new governor should have been appointed from outside the RBA. I don't think that this new appointment is in the public interest. Therefore I think that it must be a political appointment.

One of the news items on TV mentioned that she owns two investment properties. No other details were given. If true, then does she earn so much that she can buy investment properties without having to borrow? Maybe the rumours about astronomical RBA salaries are true. Or is she a big borrower? If so, then in my opinion this would be a conflict of interest. I would like to see full mandatory continuous disclosure of the assets and liabilities of all RBA board members. I'm not holding my breath while waiting for this long overdue reform that never even gets a mention in any of the debates about the RBA.

Meanwhile, I continue to have no confidence in the RBA.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.