VAH 0.00% 8.6¢ virgin australia holdings limited

news.com.au reporting voluntary admin, page-109

1. 4,966 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2425
    I agree that it's a very strategically poor decision by the federal government.
    1. It's false of them to argue that market forces should prevail when those market forces have been eliminated by their own regulations. We bailed out the banks in the GFC when it was the banks that created that disaster. Airline companies didn't create the current crisis, but are right on the front line when it comes to paying the price.
    2. If Virgin fold then we no longer have an airline "industry"... we have an airline "company". And it's a company that has clearly shown it's true colours when it comes to price gouging on monopoly routes.
    3. There is nobody in the world at the moment who is in a position to step up. All the main holders of Virgin are airlines, and are all in exactly the same situation as the Australian airlines. The only difference between Virgin, Etihad, Qantas, or any of other airline is the question of how long they can last before they too have to enter administration.
    4. Related to point 3... I expect Qantas to be here around October. That's what happens with market forces when there's no market.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.