VAH 0.00% 8.6¢ virgin australia holdings limited

news.com.au reporting voluntary admin, page-116

1. 197 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    or how about you give QANTAS a run until another airline sets up so the consumer pays for QANTAS and not the broader tax paying dollar. this is nothing new. 54 airlines have gone under in Australia. A lot from the same old story. Virgin's business model was only ever a domestic taxi run for Etihad and Singapore to get domestic passengers to international airports so they could get them out. pick up the slack on the busy routes for QANTAS. very evident not it was running month by month and no real plan to expand or grow profits. Virgin had hardly finished a bitter price war they triggered with QANTAS that bled them of money. not sure who made that decision.

the aussie % is low do it gives us half a chance to get inbound tourist and less appealing for outbound not that i think tourism will bounce back quickly. I'm not sure what solutions you're saying were available without tax payers $. If new investors come in great. Id be happy to see that happen.

worldwide businesses that have recklessly been riding the good times are now paying the price. there's a stack of other small and large businesses in Australia in genuine trouble that haven't got owners with very deep pockets who refuse to bail their own business out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VAH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.