AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

News: Crowded herd of lithium explorers faces culling as supplies rise, page-16

1. niu
    1,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 578
    I can't vouch for the veracity of these comments from Seeking Alpha but others have clearly wondered about the opex for the POSCO process - 14k USD/t doesn't sound too flash...
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/398...s-look-latest-technologies-companies-involved
    "Note - Seeking Alpha commentator "philtskier" has stated (see comments section) after visiting POSCO's project, "my view is POSCO and Lithea will never bring Pozuelos into production using any of their so called new technologies. Having visited Salta in the last few days POSCO seems to be hiding and covering up everything because their so called processes are costing a rumored $14,000 per tonne at their 2,500 (tonne) pilot plant and using a version of a patent that was developed in the 60's. No-one I know in Boliva, Chile, Peru or Argentina (nor their suppliers in Salta) can pinpoint this so called new technology. If they have brines with all the 2 valency ions removed it should only take 15 minutes not 8 hours to produce lithium chloride and another 15 minutes with some sodium carbonate to produce lithium carbonate." I would be happy to hear from POSCO if this in not true, and if they can offer details on their technology and cost and rate of extraction."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.