CUV 0.00% $14.30 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

News: CUV UPDATE 1-U.S. FDA approves Clinuvel Pharma's rare genetic disorder treatment, page-109

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1148
    Hi there, I really don't get the shorter's thesis, I have tried to understand it but it doesn't make any sense to me at all. It did make sense when they started doing it pre FDA approval in the mid- $20s last year. CUV had failed previously at the FDA and if they were knocked back again the share price would have tanked to low teens or less. But we all know that CUV succeeded and the short position was wrong - why they have continued to short makes zero sense to me (unless associated with a takeover bid which is yet to eventuate) because the company is on the verge of some massive growth in the coming years and for now they are already profitable and cashed up.
    Figures just in from ASIC show that when the share price tanked from $20.25 down to $18.48 on 03/04 it required another 50000 fake/shorted shares to be sold into the market to achieve this. Pre GFC we didn't have this information and I might have been worried but now we have this one tool which shows us where all the selling pressure comes from in Clinuvel and it is nearly always from Short sellers. It is blatant manipulation IMO but I hope one day I will be thankful for all these cheap shares as I was when shorts were selling me FMG for less than $4. Tesla has also exposed shorters to the tune of billions of dollars. GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.