DJS 0.00% $3.99 david jones limited

Another foray into David jones. This time the sydney store. Lo...

1. 89 Posts.
    Another foray into David jones. This time the sydney store. Lo and behold the same level of non service. Same level of total disinterest in customers. Plenty of salespersons, whose salary we shareholders are paying, chatting away with each other. Walked two floors, picked up clothes and examined them with no one asking if I required assistance and as for shoes, I took a pair to the Stuart Weitzman counter to see if they had them in my size but gave up and put them back when I was ignored by both young ladies behind the counter. Store was not very busy and it was a Saturday afternoon. Clearly David Jones only employs check out chicks instead of retail assistants. There is a marked difference. Again, I say that if there was a floor supervisor, even if they managed a couple of floors each, at least someone would tell the check out chicks to get back to work.
    I'm probably a very naive shareholder in that I believe this business is about selling goods and making a profit. The more goods sold, the more profit. Clearly with the current culture, not much is going to be sold.
    Easy to blame it on the economic downturn however I again point out that the top end of town such as Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's etc etc are experiencing massive growth. Possibly due to their staff training?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.