SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Apologies if already covered - I haven't been keeping up - but...

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Apologies if already covered - I haven't been keeping up - but is anyone expecting suspension ahead of news of the banking syndicate's approval of SGH's turnaround plans (or of course the other way around, although the noted soothsayer Chanticleer did apparently say he thought the news would be positive, according to Alex I believe)?

This might inconvenience a particular class of interested party and cause a fair amount of drain blockage ahead of the news. I've heard that Andrew and Bryce have a wicked streak in them, working on the principle: "you sometimes have to be cruel to be kind".

It's quite possible the fun might start a bit earlier than most think it will. Why hang around if the ink is dry - as the soothsayer seemed at least to hint was the case?

A nervy weekend (and maybe another 10 days or so on top?) might be ahead if you're short and worried about being trapped, although of course there's no saying those pesky directors won't just blurt out whatever the news is first thing next week - you know - wake up the the 8am announcement on Monday kindathing. It wouldn't be the first time they've announced something without warning and surprised everyone. If the deal with the syndicate had already been agreed, could they just sit on the news for a week without telling the market?? There'd be scope for leakage surely, so suspension has to be a possibility ahead of the news?

Losses are finite if you're long and bad news is at least partly priced in already. Not so the other way around, sadly. Those stop losses aren't always effective. Temperatures could get quite high and the smell of burning could become quite strong.

One way or the other, we'll all soon know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.