KGL 0.00% 10.0¢ kgl resources limited

news during the non trading period, page-12

1. 13,896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3991
    I wasn't familiar with small operations similar to our start up rate for CIL so I just got conservative and assumed $900/oz cash costs at the 250,000tpa rate dropping to $800 at 500,000tpa. I say conservative because while a small operation we have good grades.
    We have enough ore grading 2.9g/t to last 18 years at 250ktpa. Our grades should average well over 3g/t in at least the first few years as they are looking to source ore from higher grade u/g ore to blend with the softer oxide ore.

For the heap leach operation I looked at Exco's White dam in Australia and Oromin (TSX ORE).
    We should have enough capacity be able to process at least 750,000tpa through heap leach with the equipment Simon purchased for that purpose, at around 0.9g/t.

Exco white dam project; 8.4mt @1.01g/t for 275,000 oz. 73% recovery and well under $500/oz cash costs ($388 in mch 2011 qtr and $425 ave to date and 550-650 over first year with high waste to ore). However this is a dump leach operation so most of the expenses are mining with very little processing cost.
    Mining costs for kgl will be very low (to zero) for heap leach for at least a large part of our mine life because much if not most of the mining is prestrip for the high grade ore going to CIL plant so included in cash costs of that operation.
    However KGL may need to crush some or all of the ore and may need to agglomerate before heaping, so need to allow for that (unlike White dam).
    White dam is "dump and leach" but still does have mining costs.
    We will have very low or no mining costs but may have higher processing costs. That depends on whether or not we can use dump leach as well. If we can, then our costs will be much lower than those of Exco. Probably well under $200/oz. Metalurgical tests will let us know if we have a heap or dump leach operation.
    If heap leach;
    Intersuisse allowed $4/t processing= approx $178/oz, but then allow a small amount for some mining of low grade ore that is not prestrip for high grade ore and you would get maybe $200/oz assuming Intersuisse numbers on processing.
    However that seems way too low. I think processing may be more like $600/oz.
    For now I have gone conservative and assumed $800/oz total but expect it may be well under that.
    $300 or less cash costs on a dump leach would boost my valuation on the combined CIL/dump leach operation by 50%.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $56.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 10.0¢ $1.653K 16.52K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 68858 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 9331 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.36pm 01/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.